The price is huge in Germany for tuning!

englisch/english
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Patrick Buedi »

Hi Karl,
Karl hat geschrieben: At a another forum, at www.audiv8.com, anybody said that everybody can give his gearbox to ZF(audi´s gearbox-manufacturer) for reconditioning or repairing.
Sorry, but I am pretty sure that ZF will send you Gearbox back to you when they open the "Package". Because the Gearbox used in the S4 / S6 / S6Plus is from Getrag :D
cu...

buedi
--
Vorsprung durch Quattro ;-)
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl »

Than you can ship the gearbox to Getrag. Maybe they have the same service.
Patrick Buedi hat geschrieben:
Karl hat geschrieben: At a another forum, at www.audiv8.com, anybody said that everybody can give his gearbox to ZF(audi´s gearbox-manufacturer) for reconditioning or repairing.
Sorry, but I am pretty sure that ZF will send you Gearbox back to you when they open the "Package". Because the Gearbox used in the S4 / S6 / S6Plus is from Getrag :D
Larsa
Owners Club

Here is one that can do the job..

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

Patrick Buedi
Owners Club
Re: Here is one that can do the job..

Hi Larsa,
Yes, the Gearbox mentioned on this site is from ZF. But it is for the A8 / S8. I wrote a E-Mail to a friend who works at ZF in Friedrichshafen (just a few km from here). Maybe he can tell me if they produce 6-Speed Gearbox with Torsen Diff for Audi.

I think this could be true, because the Supercharger Kit from MTM is only sold with a 6-Speed manual Gearbox because the Automatic Gearbox cannot handle the Torque (they say). And Getrag said to myself on the phone the NM Limit for the S4 / S6 / S6 Plus (C4) limit. So if all the Tuners are setting on the 6-Speed Gearbox from the A8 / S8, it MUST be from another manufacturer. Let´s see what I get per mail... I am very curious. Would be cool if the ZF Gearbox fits the S6 Plus... and then if I win in Lotto I could boost up my Plus to 600HP *muhahha* :twisted: :twisted:

;-)
cu...

buedi
--
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club

I got an answer from my friend who works at ZF Friedrichshafen. I snipped off some Information which I cannot post here... but so much: There will be coming a killer from Audi soon... a torque Monster :twisted: :twisted:

=====snip=======snap=======
Die Handschaltgetriebe für Audi sind nicht von der ZF, da die ZF für Audi
nur Automatikgetriebe herstellt.
Zur Technischeninfo, die Automatikgetriebe halten wesentlich mehr aus als
Schaltgetriebe ca. 1000 Nm.
=====snip=======snap=======

English (bad Translation by buediTranslate (tm)) :D
The manual Gearbox for Audi are not produced by ZF, because ZF only manufactures Automatic Gearboxes for Audi.
Some technical Information: The Automatic Gearbox can stand much more torque than the manual ones... around 1000NM.

This sounds very "plausible"?? for me.

1. He works in "development and testing" Area where they test all this beasts we will see maybe in a year or so on the streets. So I think he knows what they produce. And I know him for some years and I don´t think he is one of those guys shouting around some bullsh**t to get attraction to them.

2. The High Power Cars in Germany (V12 Biturbo by Mercedes i.e.) are all Automatic Cars, because the Manual Gearbox cannot handle the produced torque. If ZF manufactures a 6-Speed manual Gearbox for Audi with a Torsen Diff, why didn´t they use it for the RS6 / RS6+?

Now there is the question why they mention ZF on this Homepage. Maybe this is just "Marketing" because ZF is much more known around the world (by Endusers / Customers) than Getrag? I don´t know :cry:
cu...

buedi
--
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

MTM is going to produce a small series of RS6 with manual gearshift; so it is absolutly possible; look also at the Porsche 996 Turbo, available with manual shift. I believe that the German car producers are too relectant to offer these cars with manual shift (Mercedes ..); BMW is the only one to offer the V8 with manual shift if I am correct
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club

Hi Pierre,
Pierre hat geschrieben:MTM is going to produce a small series of RS6 with manual gearshift; so it is absolutly possible; look also at the Porsche 996 Turbo, available with manual shift. I believe that the German car producers are too relectant to offer these cars with manual shift (Mercedes ..); BMW is the only one to offer the V8 with manual shift if I am correct
What MTM is doing sounds very interesting. I hope they do a real Manual Shifting Gearbox and no Paddle shifting. Do you know some details?

My post shouldn´t sound like "it isn´t possible". We all know that there exist beasts like a Dodge Viper (you know, the mobile engine with some wheels + Steering) with manual Gearbox too. I think it handles around 600NM? I am sure we find other Cars with Monster Torque + Manual Gearbox. I think it´s sad that most High powered cars produced in Germany have a Automatic Gearbox :-(
cu...

buedi
--
Larsa
Owners Club

Why do they have so much torque, the fomula 1 cars have i think about 300-400 Nm an they go fast enough. I realise that you have to handle the car in a city and all but make a sport car thats up to the consumer to judge where and how to use the car.
A New RS6 With 700 hk and 400 Nm and a 7 shift manual gearbox!
A V10 in 4 litre that goes up to 10 000 rpm before red, thats a supercar!
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club

Hi Larsa,
Larsa hat geschrieben:Why do they have so much torque, the fomula 1 cars have i think about 300-400 Nm an they go fast enough.
Don´t forget that the F1 cars are much much lighter and you don´t need much torque to get them going. Look at the 40Tons Trucks around on the Streets. If they have a big engine, they have around 500HP. Not much when you look at weight. But they have Monster torque to get the weight going.

HP is the product from Torque and RPM I read a few days ago. I don´t know the exact formula (and the Link), but with a little bit Google you should find it.

When I read further I think you got it: You need more RPM to get higher HP when you have less torque.
Larsa hat geschrieben: A New RS6 With 700 hk and 400 Nm and a 7 shift manual gearbox!
A V10 in 4 litre that goes up to 10 000 rpm before red, thats a supercar!
That´s exactly the problem. Imagine the stress to the Parts in the engine with that high RPMs. I think this is it why many use just a Turbo or Supercharger to get good Torque (and high HP from that) with not that much RPMs. The engine will last much longer and will be cheaper to build.
I think that´s the case for the Torque Monsters we have around.
cu...

buedi
--
Larsa
Owners Club

10 00 rpm its not neer the edge, my nabour has a one cylinder dragrace scale 1:14. That little thing has 44000 rpm and runs on nitro. The consumer cars is hard to handle when you have to put them up to 10 000 rpm. Image Mr and Ms driving their new Audi A6 i Autobahn at 9-10 000 rpm on 2,3,4 gear. I think that Formula 1 has about 18000 rpm but thats a guess. I think that the normal formula is about 100 Nm per litre without Turbo or Supercharger. The Plus should then have 420 Nm if its not taken down by the electronic.

F1 Ferrari 2001
Typ: 3000 Ferrari (050)
Number of Cylinders: 10 in V
Number of Valves: 40
Total Displacement: 2,997 cc
Measurements: Length:? mm
Width: ?mm
Height: ?mm

Weight: app. 90 kg
Power: >850 hp :!:
Total Weight: 600 kg with water, lubrificant and driver :!: :!: :!:
Benny Kreimel
Ex-Owner

Ungelesener Beitrag von Benny Kreimel »

this thread is very old...none the less..

the manual gearbox from the viper is the Tremec T-56. It is also used in the Chevrolet Camaro V8 (that is no longer produced). I had the chance to drive a Camaro Z-28 with that 6 speed manual.
It shifts way better than the PLUS...
Antworten